ss_blog_claim=7fc118b4c6ea88e4d79f52983e8b8eab

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ups and Downs


I've actually been sitting in front of the tiny laptop with my dainty wine glass filled with a blue magic potion for about an hour now. A little intermitent because I had to put the beast to sleep--thats what my husband calls my daughter. Its very fitting. I read a smarts lady blog: beamingbalance.blogspot.com and started to wonder why I can't write little inspirational things to make people smile. I believe the answer is because my life seems to follow a crazy soap opera, like One Life To Live or Days of Our Lives. Honestly I don't know if these still exist but my mom loved to watch them while doing the laundry. I wish I could say Sex and the City because I have an obsession with it, but I'm not that cool. I'm pretty broke, but managing and on salary so bills are all over due but will slowly get paid. The funny and dramatic times come when I'm driving down the street and people start pointing. Normally I would smile and speed off but I had a feeling they werent trying to hit on me. Sure enough, my front headlight had popped out and was dragging on the ground. Thankfully cords attached so it is still lite, just not helping any. My car is in the shop with a coolant leak so I taped it in. I also thank God I bought clear packing tape when I moved so at least its a LITTLE discret. UGH!! This tops off the no air conditioning and the sun roof that won't close all the way.


So back to the begining, someone smart once described lifes balance as a juggling act as opposed to a teeter totter. I have to agree because everytime one side tries to get ahead, something unthinkable seems to fall on it and they even back out!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you definately made me smile with what you wrote, because it is so true and you speak it from the heart.
    I am a Sex and the City addict aswell but sometimes I'm really happy that I'm non of these Women. Well, I wouldnt mind a few pairs of Carries shoes, or the money they cost (only to buy more shoes with it, and we know it...) but what I wanted to say with that:
    Sometimes we need a little vacation from our lives. Then we travel to a world called "SATC". But when we come back and look around, arent we happy to be back? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blogs :) I found you by an article/comment you wrote pertaining to writers that give up and quit blogging. I decided to read more and find your blogs useful,thought provoking, and hilariously funny! Even in the midst of mishaps you find a unique way to share it so your viewers can be in the moment with you! Keep on blogging hang in there, and know people like me, do care about the everyday struggles we find ourselves facing and gain strength from you!
    Keep on Dancing ~ Take care and I look forward to reading more of your posts!!!! I'd say it is POSITIVELY WORTH SHARING (stop by sometime if you'd like or "when you can find some free time" Right? !!! LOL

    ReplyDelete